Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Last Day...

Well it's the last day here. Lots of little jobs and a few big ones left. Why am I sitting here? Because I haven't had coffee yet and there's no point doing anything until AFTER that happens.

My dragon eggs will be hatching while we're offline. We're going from fantastic unlimited cable to 56k dial-up. Bell tells us there's some add-on which might make it faster but basically they don't have good access out there. O. M. G. Hopefully a high profile politician will move in somewhere and that will change. In the mean time, please click on the pics, which takes you to each eggs page, and maybe when I'm back online they'll be hatchlings.






I've finally accepted that I have to pack up the knitting. The wool I won in the Old Mill Knitting contest came the other day -- it's from New Zealand, 70% NZ wool 30% alpaca and I'm one of the first 3 people in Canada to have it since OMK are the distributors and they just got it 2 days before me. Cool! It's lovely and soft for only 30% alpaca, with a blend of colours. It's not what I'd pick for myself, and probably won't make the sweater they sent a pattern of, but it'll be great to work with and see the colours blend. It's been sitting here for me to pet, in the bin for the more delicate wools like the 2 $24 a hank alpaca/silk from Misti that Geoff doesn't know about, the zephyr, the merino, the mohair. Sigh. Bye bye friends -- see you later....

If you come by to visit the new house and want to bring a house warming present, bring lemon meringue pie, which I've been craving. I'll make the coffee and we'll sit on the porch and indulge!

No comments: