Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The new house walk through

We went through the new house last night -- and were both up till all hours of the morning. The family living there, and their 4 dogs, have made a horrible mess. They mowed yesterday for the first time in a month. There's piles of dog hair and dirt. She wants to leave a huge freezer in the storage room, and the broken hot tub isn't gone. Our realtor Terry spoke with theirs and made it clear they both had to go but we won't know until we move in if they've dealt with it or not. And I felt bad that I wouldn't get our garden cleaned out!

Anyway, today I'll be packing the rest of the house, and tonight we'll finish heavy stuff like the washer and drier. Tomorrow will be last minute things I've forgotten -- I'm sure they'll be plenty.

I thought today I'd take Matthew past his new school. He's excited to be taking the bus this year but it's an early start to his day. There's going to be some shock come Tuesday!

Go visit my dragons before you go. First Phlateon, my first adult dragon...

Adopt one today!

And here's a link to the scroll where you can see all the others and help them grow up!

Linky

2 comments:

Glynis Peters said...

I wish you all the best, what a beautiful move you are making, we moved to Cyprus from the UK to follow our dream and in October Vancouver is lucky enough to be getting my son over from the UK :) he is going to be the senior marine biologist at the aquarium, dreams are to be chased, caught and tied down. I don't envy you the cleaning tho!

Hobbesmom said...

Thanks for the good wishes Glynis! I had a student a few years back from Cyprus and she made it sound so beautiful that's it's on my list of places to get to. Vancouver too, although maybe not for the winter olympics. It'll be a zoo! Once we're retired we'll do something cool like volunteer at the olympics if they ever come back to Canada. I'm a nurse too but have another 10 long years of 12 hour shifts before I can retire so I envy you that.

Enjoy your hobbies, and I can't agree more about dreams. This one will quite an eye opener, but we promised ourselves when we married 18 years ago that we'd live in the woods some day, and someday is Friday. Cheers!
~sue